Good morning after such a loooooong absence from the "scene" here. I have spent a few months in NY for a medical trip, had back surgery, visited family and friends, recovered from back surgery to go to Washington for a stop over on the way to Anchorage. On Sunday the 28th of Jan I flew from Newark, NJ to Seattle, Wa. and at 9:30 that night I got a rental car and drove to Montesano to sleep for a few hours at a friends' house. Still on NY time zone, I got up at 6 in the morning and drove to Hoquiam and surprised my daughter Lori as she was getting ready to go to her classes at Grays Harbor College in Aberdeen. She skipped school and stayed home to spend time with me. I only had a few days to spend in the area before going to Seattle on Thursday night with my 5 ice chests full of frozen goodies to take home. I went up and got a room the night before I had to leave since I didn't want to fight the "rush hour" and the unpredictable weather conditions on an early Friday morning. I had over 300 pounds of primo homegrown beef in Lori and Lewis' freezers and 3 large pkgs of tuna from Westport at another friends' house so I was loaded on the trip home to Alaska. My freezers are full of moose, bison, NY venison, beef, tuna, salmon and halibut!!! YYYYUUUUMMMMMMMY!
It is good to know that I have such a treasure trove to choose from daily.
It was such a great visit to get to see how much my 5 Washington grandchildren have grown physically and emotionally during the past 18 months that I wasn't able to be around them. I love them all very much and thank them for the wonderful visit I had with them. I hope it won't take so long to for a return to see them again.
The tuna is all canned now and the weather that was -28 for the first week I was home is now above freezing and it is raining and icky. The snow is melting and it is slushy and icy and the water runoff is threatening to invade our laundry room, pantry and my grandson Jeffri's bedroom floors. Everett had to drive down from Anc. last night after work and spend hours plowing the slush and trenching with the powerwasher to divert the flow of runoff away from the house....it is better this morning but treacherous to try walking out there without ice cleats.
Guess I will go and check the status.....blah blah blah......love to all
2 comments:
Hey Grandma!!! Yay a new post!
Thanks for leaving me a comment!
Love you!
xoxoxoxoxoxo
TTFN Tessa
Time for a new post!!!
Love Tessa Tutu
Post a Comment