 |
| last day of pampering at the hospital in February 2011 |
 |
| happiness is 'chocolate cake with strawberries' |
Lewis moved out of the hospital and in to the long term care facility in Seward in February. He is now in the Providence Seward Mountain Haven. He is in a lodge called the Fireweed Lodge and his therapists have been doing a fantastic job with him. He has gotten enough strength back now that he is able to walk around without his walker. This is the first time since January that he has been able to do this. I don't get to see him as often now that he is 95 miles away but the care he is getting is so superior to any place around here. I see him about every 10 days to 2 weeks and take him out to eat and for a drive. I enjoy the time I get spend with him but am saddened to see the changes in him form this disease that is slowly engulfing him. he just had his 78th birthday last month and Megan and a friend named Mabel went with me to take him out for his birthday. We gave him his gifts and then went to an Oriental Buffet to eat. We all enjoyed the time together. From here on out it is just one day at a time.
No comments:
Post a Comment