Okaaaayy...here it is...the project that was started around 2005 and very seldom has is seen the light of day since then. It is supposed to be a "Triple Irish Chain" quilt. I started it with all of the enthusiasm of one who has never made an adult quilt (versus a baby quilt) and wanting to begin on the quest of making one for each of my adult children. This one was to be for Anthony and since he is very in tune with his Irish heritage...I decided to make that the theme for this one. As you can see, I did not get very far in to putting it together. The strips have been mostly all cut out and some of them have been assembled in to the square, otherwise known as "block A". I guess I have a long way to go yet BUT...all journeys begin with a single step....away we go...steppin' right along now. got the fabric out, got the iron and ironing board up and in place, got the sewing machine in the same area and the book resurrected from the basement so let the fun begin!!
I had to put it aside years ago due to the back injury and the surgeries that followed along as a result. that was 3 surgeries ago and many hours of rehab. I still am having back pain problems but have come to the conclusion that there is not going to be an end to the pain so I need to work with it. I will just NOT spend a lot of time in the sitting position (which really aggravates the low back). I will do this in small installments but hopefully be persistent enough to 'get 'er done!!!'
I used to enjoy sewing a lot and hope to get back to that stage now that the sewing machine is set up in a room where it doesn't take up room on the dining room table. I have it in the extra bedroom upstairs along with the elliptical machine and the computer and printer, etc. I guess at some point I will need to get a futon to put in here too so that if someone cares to spend the night, there is a place other than a cot to sleep on.
When we first bought this house and moved in (14 years ago), this was the room that Anna and Charlene shared with their bunkbed set. Then it was Charlene's alone. Then it was Lewis room with the hospital bed and now it is the project room.
The room that has been Everett and mine in the basement and then it was Jeff's and it has been for guests over the years and for Anthony when he has needed an in between place to stay. It is no longer a bedroom. It is being converted to Everett's sporting goods room. he will be able to reload his ammo, fletch is arrows or whatever else he needs to do without having to continually having to tear things down because the garage space needs to be used for something else. It is a work in progress but he really deserves to have a space that is HIS. His hunting, fishing, camping gear and materials can be there in whatever configuration he wants and on shelves that he can plan out the way he wants them.
Oh, I can hardly wait for him to be able to do it his way!!!
Okay...I digress...back to the sewing project. Maybe I will get a chance to continue down the line of children and get more quilts done too??? who knows???..catch ya later all!
1 comment:
LOL! Does everyone have an unfinished quilting project in their closet? I sure do... you may inspire me to haul out all the bits of mine :) GREAT winter project - you go girl!
Post a Comment