Thursday, October 27, 2011

I do NOT have to stay down with the 'crud'!!

On Sunday night the 16th of October around 7:00 pm, Everett left home on his way to Anchorage. Within an hour of his departure I got to experience the arrival of the 'crud'. It made itself known by starting with a fever and the left side of my throat feeling raw. As the night progressed, the crud moved on to my head aching and pressure in my ears that migrated down both sides of my neck and caused the muscles to be very tender.  As it continued in its journey it moved to my lungs and started making my asthma irritated and I was coughing in a ridiculous amount and frequency. In order to give it some relief, on Wednesday I went to see my family physician and he just reinforced what I already knew but gave me some relief with a script for some lorazepam. Taking  this causes the anxiety to calm and that in turn calms the coughing and so relaxes the whole domino effect of coughing and not able to breathe well.
In the process of taking the meds for the anxiety, the cough medicine, the Benadryl for the pressure in the ears, and the meds for the muscle spasms up and down my spine...it all interacted and  caused me to lose my balance and during the weekend grinding of the bear meat I managed to fall in the basement on the cement and again a bit later upstairs when I bent to open the folding legs of the table in the kitchen.
Those of you who know me very well know that my favorite color is purple...such as lilacs and pansies....I truly love them....BUT....I really did not want to be sporting the favorite color as part of my skin....Having the right knee look like this and the left hip matching with some gloriouse purple and yellow......hmmm..glad it is not permanent.

I have adjusted the meds and am not in the dizzy dame category any more. I am breathing better and the ear pressure is much relieved, the fever gone and I hope that I can talk a bit better now without coughing and hacking. I can certainly sympathize with my friends and family that have been experiencing these same nasty symptoms. I hope that by this weekend I will have more of my energy back and be able to cope with whatever comes my way...without the extra purple!!

1 comment:

Annie said...

Lovely color... indicator of a colorful personality or are you a Vikings Fan? LOL! Heal up girl, you have a wedding to attend :)