Monday, October 10, 2011

Swans at Tern Lke

The drive to Anchorage to meet Brandi at the airport is about 135 miles from where I was visiting Lewis in Seward and I stopped after 38 miles at Tern Lake to watch the swans again. There is a parent pair (the white ones) and their youngsters (the grey ones). One of the parents stays off to the side a bit and seems to be the 'guard' and it occasionally would honk a bit as a warning or alert to the others as they continued to rock in the water as they moved their legs quickly under the water to stir up the weeds and other foods for them before they stuck their long necks and heads under to feast. they are such beautiful birds to watch. Hope you like the little video. I took several but most are showing how unsteady I am when filming so they are discarded. This one is the best of the bad!!

No comments: